LTC Care AuditSM
LTC Care Audit provides family members with important information about their family member’s current care and care setting.
LTC Care Audit is available to LTCRplus members at an additional discounted cost and can be performed on a one-off basis at your request or scheduled at regular times. LTC Care Audit provides an in-depth in-person assessment of your family member’s current care situation and is performed by a third-party independent health care professional.
With LTC Care Audit, a trained Nurse will conduct an in-person visit with your loved one in their care setting to perform the Care Audit. The nurse will meet with the person receiving care as well as the care-givers to perform an in-depth assessment. Care Audits can be performed for people receiving home and community based care or care in a facility like a nursing home or assisted living facility.
The LTC Care Audit report includes:
- Baseline information including: diagnosis and prognosis, review of care setting and key stakeholder information. (Power of Attorney, etc.)
- Physical assessment
- Cognitive (short and long-term memory) assessment
- Review of the Plan of Care
- Safety and Fall Assessment
- General information about your loved one’s quality of life, activities, eating habits, hobbies and emotional state.
- General observations about the facility or care provider.
- Overall assessment of the person receiving care and the care setting they are in.
So if mom is in a nursing home 1,500 miles away or 10 miles away, you can obtain a comprehensive review of her care by an independent professional.
“Care Audit put our minds at ease.”
“When mom insisted on staying in Michigan when she needed a nursing home, I was concerned about the distance and my ability to check in on her. Her memory is beginning to fade and I was worried about the care that she was receiving. I used the Care Audit benefit to have a third-party health care professional visit mom and provide the family with an assessment of her well-being, social and mental status. We feel a lot better knowing that mom is doing well and the facility is properly caring for her needs.”
This page is for our active members. You must be logged in to view this content.