LTC Care Audit
LTC Care Audit is available to LTCRplus members at an additional discounted cost and can be performed on a one-off basis at your request or scheduled at regular times. LTC Care Audit provides an in-depth in-person assessment of your family member’s current care situation and is performed by a third-party independent health care professional.
With LTC Care Audit, a trained Nurse will conduct an in-person visit with your loved one in their care setting to perform the Care Audit. The nurse will meet with the person receiving care as well as the care-givers to perform an in-depth assessment. Care Audits can be performed for people receiving home and community based care or care in a facility like a nursing home or assisted living facility.
The LTC Care Audit report includes:
- Baseline information including: diagnosis and prognosis, review of care setting and key stakeholder information. (Power of Attorney, etc.)
- Physical assessment
- Cognitive (short and long-term memory) assessment
- Review of the Plan of Care
- Safety and Fall Assessment
- General information about your loved one’s quality of life, activities, eating habits, hobbies and emotional state.
- General observations about the facility or care provider.
- Overall assessment of the person receiving care and the care setting they are in.